what's wrong with this picture?

i select my filter, snap and send
but it's not enough to transmit the sharp dry cold air stinging my nostrils as i inhale
warm hands hidden in warm gloves in warm pockets while the chilly breeze bites my cheeks
nor is it enough to share the trail of pedestrians that i've passed
each gift-wrapped smile or nod a simple pleasure as we hug ourselves and face this weather together

i can capture the far-away fairy-tale tower beneath a tuft of cloud
visible between the quiet street buildings, sparkling in the morning sun so sweetly that i position myself in the shade to get the shot although there's a sunny spot right beside me

later i'll use filters and effects to share the feeling i get when i look into my net to see what i've caught
but it's not what i want because what's missing

is me
and what's left
is a lack
of a sense
of my experience

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

from the corridors of evelyn's mind

cosmic dust